Swim Team Registration
- Open registration will be held on April 9th from 12-2 pm at the pool. Download the registration form and checklist below and bring them to the pool between 12 pm and 2 pm.
- If you were not on the 2015 team please remember to show proof of age by bringing a copy of you child(ren)'s birth certificate. Registration cannot be completed without this.
- For those of you that cannot attend the registration, completed forms can be dropped off at 1313 Chenworth Drive. Please note that a dropped off form is only considered completed when it has volunteer positions listed on it (or volunteer spots pre-arranged through Mary Petersen and noted as such on the form). The deadline for drop off is May 23. A $25 late fee will be applied for any registration received after the 23rd.
- The registration form also contains a few dates that indicate registration deadlines. Please make a note of the dates, so that you do not miss the deadlines.
- If you have any questions, please send an email to the swim team committee.
New 6 and Under Questionnaire
- The Otter Pups program is for the new 6 and under swimmers that need reinforcement of current skills prior to joining the team.
- All new 6 and under swimmers will register for the swim team at registration.
- Parents are asked to fill out "New 6 and Under Questionnaire" to better gauge the skill level of the new swimmer.
- On or before the first day of practice, all new 6 and under swimmers will be tested against the criteria we have for making the team.
- The swimmer must be able to swim one length of the pool (25yds), without assistance.
- If the swimmer is unable to pass the test, they may try again the following year.
- The cost of the Otter Pups program is the swim team registration fee plus an additional $25 with a no refund policy.
- If you start Otter Pups and opt out prior to the end of the session, finish the program but do not pass the criteria to participate with the team, or go through the entire program and pass the test to advance to regular team practices and then decide not to swim on the team, no money will be refunded.
- Refund requests due to moving or other situations beyond normal control will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Kick - using kickboard
- Side breathing
- Long strokes
- Floating on back - by themselves
- Kick - remove board/kick in streamline
- Families are required to volunteer for a swim meet position and/or serve on a committee.
- Swim meet volunteers will be assigned by the volunteer coordinator based on the needs of the team.
- We ask that at least one parent choose a first, second and third choice of volunteer duty.
- We will make every effort to accommodate your preferences; however, no guarantee is made that you will receive your first choice.
- Please keep in mind that it takes approximately 30 volunteers to staff and run a single swim meet, not including concessions, and 25 volunteers for away meets.
- Please note: Stroke & Turn Judges and Starters are required to attend one two hour class presented by the TSA.
- Times and dates are posted on the TSA website.